Did something as simple as the snorkel really require new thinking? Well...yes. Too many snorkels are heavy and cumbersome, dragging on your mask strap and interfering with easy diving and snorkeling. Atomic Aquatics has redefined what a snorkel can be with the SV series snorkels by inventing a smaller, streamlined snorkel that clears water easily and is comfortable to use.
- Just like the one-way Scupper Valve on a boat, the lower section of the SV2 enables water to be easily expelled. Any water entering the top of the snorkel bypasses the mouthpiece completely and exits out the purge valve. If water fully floods the snorkel, there is an internal tube below the mouthpiece with a one-way scupper valve that allows water to flow past the mouthpiece and out the purge valve without collecting at the bottom of the breathing passage. The diver simply exhales a small burst of air to clear any water trapped below the mouthpiece, and the internal tube airway is kept dry.
- Comfortable, hypoallergenic Dual silicone mouthpiece prevents over-clenching of teeth that would restrict air flow, and can be rotated for optimum comfort. With the soft flex section, this snorkel fits your face, not the other way around!
- The SV2 semi-dry top employs horizontal vents engineered to diffuse splashed water that would normally freely enter the snorkel top. The end result is less water in your snorkel. The SV2 is perfect for rough or choppy water conditions.
- Quick disconnect snorkel keeper lets you easily disconnect the snorkel from the mask for storage, and includes 30 degree rotation. Sliding snorkel keeper range adjuster allows for accurate placement without constant re-adjusting each dive.
- Care instructions:
- Rinse in fresh water after each use. Allow to dry thoroughly before storing in a cool, dry place.