A radical new approach to diver propulsion: with the slightest kick, the split blade deflects to form a pair of wings that slice through the water with reduced drag, creating lift in the forward direction to propel you ahead.
The SplitFin swims with less effort, stress, and strain resulting in greater sustained speed, power, and comfort. Independent testing has shown that this design can significantly reduce air consumption for scuba divers!
- Spring Heel Straps: A patented Atomic exclusive! Another "rethinking" of something simple, the unique rust-resistant stainless steel springs were designed with variable pitch geometry. Divers get a more comfortable fit and easy one-hand removal, yet the springs are resistant to deformation if overstretched.
- Power Rails: The highly resilient power rails perform as the backbone of the splitfin, storing and releasing energy with every kick. Proprietary and exclusive to Atomic Aquatics, this material will not deteriorate or lose its resiliency.
- Flex Battens: Semi-rigid battens set in the soft elastomeric blade controls the precise wing shape to optimize thrust and reduce drag.
- Split Blade: The split blade deflects with the slightest kick to form a pair of wings that slice through the water with reduced drag, propelling you forward.
- High Surface Ratio Blade: Large surface area blade improves pivoting, turning, and alternate kicking styles.
- Anatomically Correct Foot Pocket: Contoured to fit your foot without stress points, with semi-open toe for added comfort.
- Hinge Points: Thin, yet strong and highly flexible hinge points between the semi-rigid battens case the blade to react quickly and efficiently to the slightest kick.
- Power Plate: Internal sole plate creates rigid platform beneath the foot for greater power transfer to the blade yet allows a soft, comfortable foot pocket.
- Care instructions:
- Rinse with fresh water after use. Allow to dry before storing in a cool, dry place.
- Size guide: